7 self sustainable acres with income potential and long creek frontage in the Byron Shire - For Sale #011347
Lot Size: 7 acres
Garage/Car Space: double carport
Year Built: 1960
829 the pocket rd The Pocket, NSW 2483
Properties in The Pocket rarely come up for sale and this one wont last long, so get in quick. With beautiful rainforest fresh water creek frontage and a dam, there are numerous places to swim and picnic amongst the 7 park like acres.
The main house is large and open planned with combustion heating in a cedar wooden nook, perfect for those romantic winter evenings. Reverse cycle air conditioning in the main living area and in the main bedroom, and recently renovated kitchen with an alfresco dining bar, ceaser-stone bench-tops, and Bosch appliances. Freshly painted and new light fittings throughout. The north facing deck is the perfect place to while away an afternoon looking onto the lush tropical garden. If you are looking to become self sustainable and live semi off-grid or just get away from the hustle and bustle then Rainbow River is the ideal country escape for you.
Two gorgeous approved self contained studios and a roofed caravan with covered deck are available for additional rental income and there is a current certificate of occupancy for all of the structures on the property.
Additionally there is a large cabin and another relocatable building which could be rented as art/music studios or used as office spaces.
The other features of this amazing property include,
- 7kw solar system
- 2 x 20,000 gallons water tanks
- Fruit and nut trees include nectarines, peaches, grapes, kiwi fruit, passion-fruit, mangoes, avocados, figs, pecans, guava, custard apple, logans, jack-fruit, macadamias, finger lime, lemon, grapefruit, oranges , mandarins 3 x large banana plantations. mulberries, kaffir limes, turmeric, galangal
- Permaculture principles have been used and the fruit trees are set up with irrigation systems
- 5 raised garden beds with an abundance of veggies and herbs growing
- Composting system
- Large 2 section fully snake proof chicken coup.
- Three fully fenced paddocks that are home to 5 sheep which may be negotiated to come with the property if desired
- Tool shed and wood shed
- Recently updated septic system
- Open field adjacent to the house is owned by an organic farmer
There are two excavated flat areas on the property which could be used to build a secondary dwelling or sheds and plans for a 60 sqm secondary dwelling are included, with preliminary bushfire reports done.
This property is ready to move in and enjoy as is but is ripe with further opportunities if you so desire.
With only 15 mins to the beach, 15 mins to Mullumbimby and 45 mins to Gold Coast international airport.
The Pocket truly is in the best position in the Byron Shire and Rainbow River is one of its stars.
Virtual tours are available on request. We are not currently doing open houses until lockdown restrictions are eased but we are able to to show one interested party through at a time.